Friday, May 22, 2015

Louis JADOT -- 2012 Côte de Beaune Reds Tasted from Cask in Autumn 2013. (Beaune)

(Wines marked with * will have additional premier cru wine added, and so my notes here are not for the final blend.)

Please pay attention to the source of the vines, which I show in parentheses in the heading; sometimes Jadot has more than one source and bottles them separately. Where no source is listed, the wine is a négociant wine.

The line up of 2012 reds is very strong at Jadot; other than one or two of the wines I sampled, the effects of the devastating hail did not show. Frédéric Barnier, who has now succeeded Jacques Lardière without missing a beat, said that the wines initially seemed to have dry tannins, but once the malolactic fermentations had finished, the dryness was gone.

My review of Jadot's 2012 Côte de Beaune whites tasted from cask is here. My review of Jadot's 2012 Côte de Nuits reds tasted from cask is here. My reviews of Jadot’s 2013s from cask are hereherehere, and here(Continue reading here.)